Why this privacy statement?
Loss Control Solutions attaches great value to the protection of your privacy and personal data. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant current statutory regulations. Any reference in this privacy statement to the Privacy Act is a reference to the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
By means of this privacy statement, Loss Control Solutions wishes to draw your attention to possible processing operations with respect to these data and to your rights. By using our platform/website/application you explicitly grant your consent with possible processing operations by Loss Control Solutions.
It is possible that this privacy statement will be subject to adjustments and changes in the future. It is up to you to consult this document on a regular basis. Any substantial change will always be clearly communicated on the Loss Control Solutions platform.
1. Who processes the personal data?
www.losscontrolsolutions.be is an initiative of:
Loss Control Solutions
2910 Essen, Belgium
Telephone: +32 (0)486 82 55 40
VAT: BE 0478.340.058
Company number: 0478340058
2. What personal data are processed?
Loss Control Solutions undertakes to process only those personal data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The following categories of personal data may be processed by Loss Control Solutions:
- Identification data
- Financial details
- Personal details
- Physical data
- Living habits
- Psychological data
- Composition of the family
- Leisure and interests
- Court records
- Consumption habits
- Housing characteristics
- Data on education and training
- Data on profession and employment
- National registration number and social security identification number
- Racial or ethnic data
- Data on sexual life
- Political opinions
- Philosophical or religious beliefs
- Image recordings
- Sound recordings
3. For what purposes are my personal data used?
Loss Control Solutions collects personal data in order to provide you with a safe, optimal and personalized user experience. The collection of personal data will increase as you make more intensive use of the platform/website/application and our online services.
Data processing is essential for the operation of the platform/website/application and its services. The processing is done exclusively for the following specified purposes:
- Providing you with access to your user profile.
- Offering and improving a general and personalized service; including billing purposes, offering information, newsletters and offers that are useful and/or necessary for you, obtaining and processing user reviews and providing support.
- Offering and improving the products provided; personalized and specific products based on information and data provided.
- The detection of and protection against fraud, errors and/or criminal conduct.
- Marketing purposes
When visiting the platform/website/application of Loss Control Solutions, some data are collected for statistical purposes. Such data are necessary to optimize the use of our platform/website/application. These data are: IP address, presumed place of consultation, hour and day of consultation, which pages were visited. When you visit the platform/website/application of Loss Control Solutions, you agree with this collection of data intended for static purposes as described above.
The User always provides Loss Control Solutions with the personal data himself and is thus able to exercise a certain degree of control. If certain data are incomplete or apparently incorrect, Loss Control Solutions reserves the right to postpone certain expected actions temporarily or permanently.
The personal data are only processed for internal use within Loss Control Solutions.
We can therefore reassure you that personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to third parties associated with us. Loss Control Solutions has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to prevent unauthorised access and use.
During a visit to our platform/website, ‘cookies’ may be placed on your hard drive in order to better tailor the platform/website to the needs of the returning visitor. Non-functional cookies help us to optimize your visit to the platform and to remember technical choices.
If you wish to consult the platform/website of Loss Control Solutions, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled. How you can disable cookies, on the other hand, can also be found in our cookie statement.
5. What are my rights?
5.1 Guarantee of lawful and safe processing of personal data
Loss Control Solutions always processes your personal data fairly and lawfully. This includes the following guarantees:
- Personal data shall only be processed in accordance with the described and justified purposes of this privacy statement.
- Personal data shall only be processed insofar as this is sufficient, relevant and not excessive.
- Personal data will only be kept as long as this is necessary for the realization of the described and legitimate purposes in this privacy declaration.
The necessary technical and security measures have been taken to minimize the risks of unlawful access to or processing of personal data. In the event of a break-in in its computer systems, Loss Control Solutions will immediately take all possible measures to minimise the damage.
5.2 Right to access/correct/delete your personal data
Upon proof of your identity as a User, you shall have a right to obtain a definite answer from Loss Control Solutions as to whether or not your personal data are being processed. If Loss Control Solutions processes your data, you also have the right to inspect the collected personal data. If you wish to exercise your right of access, Loss Control Solutions will do so within one (1) month after receipt of the request. The request is made by registered mail or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be corrected. It is up to the User to correct inaccuracies and incompleteness in the first place. You can exercise your right to improvement by providing Loss Control Solutions with a supplementary statement. Loss Control Solutions will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the additional statement.
You also have the right to have your personal data deleted by us without unreasonable delay. You can only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
- When the personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected;
- When the personal data were collected on the basis of obtained consent and no other legal basis exists for the processing;
- When objections are made to the processing and no overriding compelling legitimate grounds exist for the processing;
- When the personal data were processed unlawfully;
- When the personal data must be erased in accordance with a legal obligation.
Loss Control Solutions shall assess the presence of any of the aforementioned cases.
5.3 Right to restrict/object to the processing of your personal data
User has the right to obtain a restriction of the processing of your personal data:
- During the period necessary for Loss Control Solutions to verify the accuracy of the personal data, in case of dispute;
- When the data processing is unlawful and User requests the restriction of the processing instead of the erasure of the personal data;
- When Loss Control Solutions no longer needs the User’s personal data for the processing purposes and User needs the personal data regarding a legal claim;
- During the period required by Loss Control Solutions to assess the presence of the grounds for erasure of personal data.
User shall also have the right to object at any time to the processing of his personal data. Loss Control Solutions shall hereafter cease the processing of your personal data, unless Loss Control Solutions can provide compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of your personal data that outweigh the User’s right to object.
If the User wishes to exercise these rights, Loss Control Solutions shall comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request shall be made by registered mail or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.4 Right to data portability
User has the right to obtain the personal data provided to Loss Control Solutions in a structured, common and machine-readable form. In addition, User has the right to transfer this personal data to another data controller when the processing of the personal data rests solely on the User’s obtained consent.
If the User wishes to exercise this right, Loss Control Solutions shall do so within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request shall be made by registered mail or by e-mail to email@example.com.
5.5 Right to withdraw my consent/right to lodge a complaint
User has the right to withdraw its consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In addition, the User has the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of his personal data by Loss Control Solutions with the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
If the User wishes to exercise this right, Loss Control Solutions shall do so within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request shall be made via registered mail or via e-mail to Loss Control Solutions.